For many people, braces are a part of their day-to-day life. It’s a big decision to get braces to correct a dental problem. But one more thing they are worried about is choosing the braces colors. It may seem challenging, so we are here to help you solve it. This post gives you some crucial tips and essential information you must know while choosing braces colors.
Table of Contents
Essential tips for choosing the Braces Colors
Braces Color Wheel
Nowadays, you can select various colors for your braces from the braces color wheel. This wheel has numerous shades of every rainbow color, and you must ask your orthodontist for it.
Braces Band Colors
Before choosing any color, consider some factors while selecting the correct braces. These are as follows:
- Age- Adults mainly prefer neutral tones, whereas teenagers choose bright braces colors.
- Your skin tone- Choosing braces color that goes well with your skin tone is always good. Darker skin tones look nice with teal, gold, magenta, vibrant pink, fuchsia, and ruby red. Whereas, for lighter skin tones, you can choose bronze, raspberry, blue-green, dark purple, and others as per your choice.
- Hair and eyes color- You can also pick the braces colors according to your eyes and hair color. Dark color braces look good with dark hair, and light color braces go well with light hair color. Additionally, for dark brown eyes, it’s good to choose dark green or dark blue color braces; for blue eyes, pink and light blue color looks very nice.
- The shade of your teeth- Always remember to select dental braces colors that brighten your teeth. The stains like yellow and brown should be avoided as these colors will make your teeth look more yellow.
Best Color Combinations
When celebrating your favorite season or cheering on your favorite sports teams, combining the various colors is good. You can combine about two to three colors alternately, and people mainly prefer to choose a maximum of up to three colors because four can look busy. Apart from this, some fantastic seasonal combinations for braces rubber bands comprises are as follows:
- Green and light blue for the spring season
- Orange and black or glow-in-the-dark for Halloween Party
- For autumn Orange and Red
- For winter, Silver and Gold
- For Christmas, Green and Red color
Discuss the braces’ colors with your orthodontist.
You can also ask your orthodontist about the braces colors you must wear. An orthodontist can suggest you choose the color as per your skin tone, highly demanded color, and consider various other factors. In addition to this, after applying the braces, if you don’t like them, don’t worry. It can possibly grow well on you with time, and you may start liking it.
Change Braces Colors
If, after some time, you are not satisfied with the color of your braces, then you can select new colors at each appointment with your orthodontist. After every four to eight weeks, you can for changing the braces’ colors. Hence, if the brace color doesn’t work for you, you don’t have to live with a color for a more extended period.
Braces Colors for Girls
Generally, girls’ choice of braces colors is different from boys. The popular choices of braces colors for girls are given below:
- Light Blue
- Neon Green
Braces Colors for Boys
When it comes to boys, they may choose different braces colors compared to girls. Some color suggestions are given below:
- Navy Blue
- Dark violet
- Sky Blue
Proper care of braces and regular upkeep
It doesn’t matter which brace color you choose if you don’t keep them clean and take proper care. As the rubber bands are elastic and become less effective with time. That’s why the orthodontists change it out when you visit them. Moreover, it’s up to you to keep the same braces colors throughout or try another new color. You must strictly follow the instructions given by your orthodontist about caring for your braces. Staining and properly maintained braces affect the appearance of the bands no matter what color braces you choose.
Nowadays, many braces color options are available, and you can easily choose them from the color wheel. People can choose the color as per their choice that suits them well. Therefore, we hope that all the tips and information in the article will help you pick the braces colors efficiently.